Checking Your Xero Set-Up
Xero is about as reliable as you can get if you’re looking for ease, efficiency, and accuracy for your accounts. But like any smooth-running machine, from time to time it benefits from a thorough health check to make sure its systems, and yours, are operating at their best.
The benefits of running a Xero health check:
- Update information
- Detect errors and ensure your business accounts are accurate
- Pinpoint any need for training
- Ensure any changes or updates introduced since set-up have been implemented
- Know you’re getting the best out of Xero
Your Xero health check in 9 steps:
- The Xero Dashboard is your most powerful tool in keeping track of your set-up. Make sure you’re confident in navigating its features
- Ensure your organisation’s details are all up to date. Check your contact information, address, website, and logo. It’s important your logo and branding are up to date so that your invoices display the latest version and are in line with your website and other marketing materials.
- Reconcile your bank accounts to ensure that all information is up to date and you’re getting a complete picture of all your accounts. Make it best practice to merge your account information on a regular basis.
- Check all links to payment services such as PayPal and Stripe are working so that it’s easy for your customers to pay you.
- Set up a ‘Pay Now’button to appear on your invoice emails — this also makes it easier for customers to pay.
- Save yourself time and make the most of Xero’s latest features. Set up automatic payment reminders
- Manage users You may have users who have left the company, or you may need to add new employees who have recently joined your team. Keeping user access up to date helps keep Xero running efficiently.
- Re-familiarise yourself with some of the most useful reports available via the Xero Dashboard. Balance Sheet, P&L, aged receivables, and aged payables all help you run your business more effectively.
- Connect Apps. Xero is constantly evolving to move with the times and collaborate. There are numerous new apps offering a wide range of functionality to help manage your accounts more efficiently. Check out the Xero App marketplace to explore the apps that could help you.
As a Xero Gold Partner, we provide help and advice to ensure you’re making the most of Xero. Contact us today to find out more.